Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Finding Peace in Discipline

I'm learning that an old dog can learn new tricks. God has been teaching me discipline over the past few days. I think I'm actually learning now too. There are many times I have to totally surrender my will to God's and depend on Him to help me do what I know I should do, but don't really want to. It's quite amazing. I often find that once I really get into the undesired task at hand it's not nearly as bad as I thought it was.

The coolest thing is that I have been filled with so much more joy! The joy doesn't come from all of the things I've gotten done (even though it's Wednesday, and I have accomplished more than I typically do in a whole week). I find that the guilt I used to be bogged down with from not doing what I should, or feeling guilty because I hadn't accomplished the task I set out to do is gone. I don't always get everything done, but I know that I am doing my best, and that I am living in God's will, and that's a wonderful place to be!

I have enjoyed reading John 14:15-31. It goes right along with what I'm learning. I will leave you with one of my favorite parts.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~John 14:27

No comments: