Sunday, May 04, 2008

"Be Thou Thyself the Answer to All My Questionings"

Questions. Many, many questions. My mind has been flooded with nothing but questions. I am at a place of being quite unsure in life. What is my role? Where should my time be invested? What does it mean to be a good wife? Of all the needs I recognize in this world, which ones should I pursue, and what roles is God calling others to, and asking that I simply pray for? How do I relate to people? What should an average day look like? How should I relate to others? When should I be solitary, and when should I be social? And the questions continue to flow from my mind in a meandering stream.

It seems like nothing is quite sure right now. Even my relationship with God. I know there is something missing. There is a broken link in the connection, but what? How do I fix it? Where is it broken? What is my next step? Where do I go from here? Am I doing too much? Am I doing enough?

One of my favorite passages, Proverbs 3:5-6 says this:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."


Does my problem lie with a lack of trust? Do I lean on my own understanding? If so, how do I trust more? How do I silence my own understanding?

Where do I go from here?

Title taken from lyrics of the hymn "Live Out Thy Life Within Me"

No comments: