Sunday, April 20, 2008

New Every Morning

Today I took the reigns. When I had a chance (time scheduled to spend with God), I did other things and continued on my way. I allowed the burdens of this world to crush my soul and discourage me. I listened to the chastisements of the Tempter. But by God's grace, I returned to Him, and this is where He led me:

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.

Lamentations 3:22-26

How thankful I am that we have a compassionate Savior. How unworthy I am to receive His grace. How blessed I am to be called His child.

Thank You Lord, for never giving up on me!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Thanks for the thoughts, Laura! This is the first time I've seen your blog, so I'm glad you posted a little comment on mine so that I had the connection! Hope you're doing well!