Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Now! Now!! NOW!!!

Waiting. Waiting. I’m sick of waiting!! Waiting is not something I’m very good at. When it comes to patience, it’s very obvious that I’m a little underdeveloped in that area. But alas, that’s what I’m doing. I’m waiting. What am I waiting for you may ask. Well, first of all, I’m waiting for school to start again. I miss the people and having things to do. I didn’t think I would actually say this, but I’ll be very happy to have studying to do again.

I’m also waiting to get things going again with Joshua’s House. I’ve written several professors here at Southern – I’m trying to meet with them for guidance in some of the specifics. I’m waiting to somehow find a way to raise money so that I can get my 501(c)(3) and much needed software. I’m waiting to hear from Zondervan so that I can begin the recordings of the Bible. I’m waiting for people who are willing to help me, to write stories, create graphic documents, act in the audio productions, and the list goes on and on.

I don’t want to wait anymore!! I want it all to happen NOW!! David can relate to me. When Saul was seeking His life, David longed for it to end. He was sick of running and hiding. He wanted to be safe NOW – not later. During this time, he wrote the 27th Psalm. The last verse of this Psalm sums up what I need to hear right now: “Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” Even though I don’t always feel like it, and it’s usually not easy, I must trust God…even His timing.

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.”
~Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments: