Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mrs. Grouch

Mrs. Grouch, that’s me…well, at least it has been for the past while. When I look back on life, I used to be so positive and cheery – so happy about everything. Life seemed so exciting. I knew where I was going and I knew I was going to make a difference in life. And people … I was so patient! I was not easily made frustrated, nor did I dislike anyone. Now I’m harsh, and judging (at least inwardly). I am so easily frustrated and it seems that I can always find something irritating in any situation. I have gone from being a Pollyanna to being a bona-fide Grinch, or Mr. Scrooge – you take your pick.

Honestly, I don’t like it at all!! I want to go back to being the fun-loving, easy going girl that I once was. I want to see the good in people. I want to enjoy life to it’s fullest. I want to be able to make the best out of any situation and actually mean it. I want to change. For this reason, I solicit your prayers.

I know part of my problem is that I’m not as close to God as I used to be. I’m not allowing Him to truly work in me as I once did. I know there is much more to it than that. I don’t know all the ins and outs, but I don’t think that’s important. The important this is that now I take the time to give God a chance and give me His joy. With Him living in me, the fruit of the Spirit will be real!!!

“But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” ~Galatians 5:22-23

This is what I want!!!!! I know God will answer my prayers.

No comments: