Monday, June 26, 2006

Some Land and A Letter

Okay, so I've decided to follow the example of my good friend Jacki. Although I'm not a writer like her, I'm determined to write a blog a day (unless of course, I have a really good reason not to.) The problem with today is that I'm just not sure what to write about. Now, I could wait until later to see if something absoultly fantastic happens (not likely), or I could blog now, when I have time. Well, I'll asume my choice is rather obvious.

Today was pretty normal. I woke up a little late, ate and got ready for the day. Went to Thatcher South front desk to work - it was rather busy today. Made vegan pizza for lunch - yum, and ran errands - woo hooo! (not quite.) I did find out that God is really blessing me financially next year for my school bill far more than I could imagine - it's just like Him.

Speaking of God, I had a really good meeting with Him this morning. I began reading in Joshua 15. "Oh boy," I thought, "alottment of land - how boaring!" As I was reading, however I thought for a moment - surely there is something here that God is trying to tell me. And sure enough, as usually, God spoke to me in that still small voice. As I read about all the land the various tribes recieved and looked at the maps I realized how much territory the Isrealites really got and it struck me - God always provides so much more for His children than we could ever imagine! In fact, just this very second, I see how that's true in my own life. Just as I'm sure the Isrealites lept for joy when they saw all this amazing land God was giving them, I lept for joy when I saw my financial aid award letter today. He always provides! (You know it's funny how He drives a point home like that too).


Anyway, as I close out this blog, I want to leave you with a Psalm I read today in which God was yet again, encouraging me to trust Him more.

"God is Our refuge and strength,
A very present hlep in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth shoule change
And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea;
though its waters roar and foam,
Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride.

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
The holy dwelling places of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved;
The nations made an uproar, the kingdoms tottered;
He raised His voice, the earth melted.
The LORD of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our stronghold.

Come, behold the works of the LORD,
Who has wrought desolations in the earth.
He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spar in two;
He burns the chariots with fire.
'Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exaulted amont the nations, I will be exaulted in the earth.'
The LORD of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our Stronghold."
~Psalm 46

No comments: