Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sad News

Okay, so Arlen and I have to move in December. That's when I'm graduating, and we have to move out of student housing. Well, we found a house that we really wanted. It was perfect for us. We just found out today that it is sold!!!! We are so bummed because the location was perfect, and there was land, and all sorts of things.

I know that God has a plan for us (although sometimes I wish He wasn't so secretive). I have decided however, to wait a few more months before I get into the house hunting again. I am pretty familiar with the market around here. It will be different by December too, and I don't want to become to attached to another house that gets sold. Besides Jesus tells us not to worry about tomorrow (Mathew 6:34). James also reminds us of the dangers of getting caught up in plans of tomorrow. We must focus on Christ and His plans for our lives rather than be caught up in the things we will do here on earth (James 4:13-17).

So yes, I am quite sad that the house we wanted didn't work out, but I know that God has a plan in mind for us. All of the things we thought were perfect about that house may not fit in with the plans He has for us. So I look forward with hope to see what He has in store.

No comments: