Monday, March 26, 2007

His Blessings are the Awesomest

So, as you can tell by the date of my last blog I have been a little busy lately. I just realized that I didn't even have a chance to post anything over spring break - wow. Well, just to catch you up a little bit. I'm still going to school. Things with Joshua's House (the ministry I'm starting) are moving forward. I have been blessed with the opportunity to work in the Junior department at Sabbath school. This is a big time commitment for me, but has been a wonderful blessing. Each week I see new signs that the kids are moving toward making a decision for Christ, and that thrills me! I've been working - still tutoring, and am possibly going to be facilitating a women's support group pretty soon. As you can see, I have been quite busy. I have to admit that amongst all this business I get so overwhelmed. I tend to become discouraged and bogged down with all that has to be done. Sometimes I even feel trapped my my enormous to-do lists, and I wonder if it will ever be over. But you know what? God has been blessing.

That's one thing that I have been noticing more and more lately. God blesses me so much. At the beginning of this school year, I prayed that God would help me to see the wonderful blessings that He gives us through nature. I asked for this request specifically because I knew that there was so much I was missing. And sure enough, I was right. God has been opening my eyes. I love being outside more now. I get so excited when I see pretty flowers blooming when before I would have just walked right by.

God often blesses us in so many ways and we just don't get it. I know for me, it's easy to get caught up in all the things that seem to be going wrong in my life. It's easy to turn mole hills into mountains. It's easy to forget to trust the One who holds the world in His hands. Yet what Jesus said in Matthew 7 is so true (as if I should be surprised). He said,
" Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"


It is so true, yet how often do I live like it's true? How often do I thank God for the wonders He is working all around me? How often to they go completely unnoticed? I pray that I may continually become more and more aware of God's working in my life. I also pray that my faith can grow. God will keep His promise, and He has promised to care for me always.

But wait, before I wrap up the fun little (OK big) post there's one more thing I have to add. The quote from above is not complete. The last thing that Jesus says after all of that is this:
"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."
God blesses us so much! How can we best thank Him for those blessings? By sharing them with others around us. By sharing where these blessings came from. By sharing God's love and gifts with those around us. I pray that God can turn my selfish heart into one of thankfulness and giving.

No comments: