Wednesday, July 12, 2006

An Answer

When I woke up yesterday, I was filled with doubt and confusion. I didn't know what to do, and I felt as if all guidance and direction was gone. I was rather grouchy and felt mucy like Eeyore. So, I decided to write a letter to God (I keep a prayer journal). After pouring out my soul to the Lord, He began working on my heart.

I was working on some lessons for Joshuas House, and God really used that to speak to me. I was studying Luke 1-2:20. Here, there were three promises God made and followed through with. He took away and gave Zacharias back his speech, He gave Elizabeth the birth of John, and He gave Mary the birth of Jesus! This tells me that I serve a God who keeps His promises. And, He has made promises for me. He has promised to guide me (Ps 23:3), He has promised to provide for me (Mt 6:31-32), and He has promised never to leave me (Joshua 1:5). With these promises in mind and the knowledge that God will follow through, I have peace. :)

No comments: