Friday, July 18, 2008

Moving in Faith

Wow, it's been a while since I have posted.

Things have been busy here at the Byrd household. Most days my house is filled with the laughter of children from our church. I am offering childcare to a few children every day. It is a lot of fun, but a lot of work.

I am still involved with Junior's Sabbath School at the church and have recently taken on the task of writing the curriculum. It's tough to keep up with, but I try to stay at least two weeks ahead. I am enjoying it, and the kids seem to be liking it too. Pray that God will continue to work on their hearts as they develop a deeper love for Him and His Word.

The next few weeks are busy as we will have more kids in the house, a rafting trip, a wedding to attend in Maryland, and new kittens coming again soon.

As I look at my life and the times we are in, I can't help but think that Jesus is coming soon. While He will come like a thief in the night, I want to be prepared. As I ponder that thought, I become increasingly aware of my lack of faith, of my impatience and tendency to plow ahead with my own notions of what I should be doing, rather than waiting on the Lord. I pray for the faith of those like Daniel, Caleb, Joshua, Stephen and of course Jesus. I tend to allow the persuasions of the world around me to get me down or I become wavering and cowardly, but I pray that God will give me the strength and the faith to believe and follow Him 100% no matter the cost.

"Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus." ~Revelation 14:12

"I have the LORD always before me:
because He is at my right hand,
I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad,
and my soul rejoiceth:
my flesh also shall rest in hope."

~Psalm 16:8-9


I pray that you are all doing well, and that God is working mightily in your lives as well!

No comments: