Saturday, August 11, 2007

My God is so BIG

"My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God can not do. My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God can not do."
As these words floated through the air at cradle roll this morning. I thought for a moment. "There's nothing my God can not do." I know it's true. Obviously we learn that from an early age. I mean for crying out loud, God parted the red sea, he provided manna in the desert, he walked on water, he healed multitudes, he created the earth and everything in it! There truly is nothing that He cannot do.

But then I thought some more. I really don't believe that do I? If I did, I wouldn't stress so much about finances. I wouldn't worry when plans didn't seem to be working right. Whenever I had a problem I would turn to God FIRST. My thoughts continued along this line for quite some time.

It's amazing how profound a song sung by 2-4 year olds can truly be!

Mightier than the thunder of the great waters,
mightier than the breakers of the sea—
the LORD on high is mighty.
~ Psalm 93:4

1 comment:

Heidi said...

So very true!