Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I May Have a Job When I Graduate!!

Yep, you heard correctly. I may have a job when I graduate from Southern in December! Where would I be working you ask. Right here, at Southern. That's right, I'll be traveling really far. Lol. Here's the story.

I have been tutoring at Learning Success Services at Southern for a little over a year now. I love working with the students and seeing them succeed. Most of what I have been tutoring is for the Academic Power Tools class. This is a class to help students who are struggling in school. It teaches them about note-taking skills, test-taking skills, how to get the most out of a textbook and other such things. Well, I was thinking the other day that I would LOVE to teach this class rather than just tutoring for it. Well, I talked to my boss about the prospect of teaching this class when I graduate in December. She was excited about this idea seeing as she wants to teach fewer of the classes. She just got a lot more added to her job responsibilities, and she was hoping she could get more help teaching the APT classes. She was ready to get me signed up as Adjunct staff right then and there. Then, we both decided that it might be better for me to get my degree first and wait until January.

I am supposed to talk to her again in October. I don't know if this is God's will for me. I don't know if my boss will change her mind about having me teach. I don't know if Southern will hire me. But, I do know that the prospect is certainly an open one. I know that I would really enjoy it. So for now I pray, and come October, we'll see what happens. Maybe in January I'll be an Adjunct teacher at Southern Adventist University. Woooo Hoooo!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah! It's so exciting!