Monday, March 03, 2008

As If for Jesus

I was looking around the house today at all the work has been done. We are getting into the last few stages and it's coming together. The builders will most certainly be done by the end of this week. We still have our work cut out for us, but that's a whole other blog.

As I was looking I was thinking about how this isn't our home. We have never really looked at it that way. This is God's house. He owns it, we are simply keeping it up for Him and making it available for His purposes. What if all of the work I did on the house reflected that? What if I never cut corners?

What if I did that with all of my work? What if I washed dishes as if I was washing them for God? What if I cleaned, cooked, shopped, taught, tutored, ran Joshua's House as if I was doing it all for God? What a difference it would make.

But that is what God called us to do - I just pray that He can help me to remember to live my life to His glory.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
~ 1 Corinthians 10: 31

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
~ 1 Peter 4:11

The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
~ Matthew 25:40

No comments: