Monday, February 18, 2008

Pondering...

Some things I long for:
  • A finished home that I can settle into
  • More funding for Joshua's House
  • A few Godly friends who I can study the Bible with and turn to for a pointer back to God
  • Opportunities to help others
  • Wisdom with finances
  • Patience
  • Dedication
  • The ability to get out of the rat race of life and into a slower pace of life
  • My backup drive for my computer to work again

Some things that I am thankful for
  • A roof over my head
  • A wonderful and loving husband
  • Many friends who call me to tell me happy birthday and the like (it really means a lot)
  • God's strength to quit my job after this semester (even though I really do love it)
  • A dishwasher
  • The Bible
  • My $25 Thrift Store Recliner that is oh so comfy
  • The beautiful morning chorus provided by God's creation
  • Spring is coming!
  • Plenty of food to eat
Some promises to cling to:
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 1:6

if we are faithless,
he will remain faithful,
for he cannot disown himself.
~2 Timothy 2:13

Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed;
he answers him from his holy heaven
with the saving power of his right hand.

Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

~Psalm 20:6-7


No comments: